Thursday, December 15, 2011
10 Food Tips You May Not Know!
2. Block cheese- when you buy blocks of cheese, wrap them in aluminum foil. It stays fresh longer and NO MOLD!
3. Peppers- peppers that have 3 bumps on the bottom are sweeter, when peppers with 4 bumps are better to cook with and are more firm.
4. Ground beef- add 1tsp of water to ground beef when frying it up. it helps keep the grease separate from the meat when you cook it.
5. Garlic- when cooking, for a light taste of garlic add it at the beginning stages of cooking and for a stronger taste add it to the recipe at the end
6. Chocolate Chips- adding your chocolate chips into the flour of your recipe prevents them from sinking to the bottom of your cake and keeps them separated
7. Frosting- when you buy frosting from the store, put it in your mixer and mix it for a few min. It will DOUBLE in amount and it will go further. **You will eat fewer calories and less sugar per serving!! Always a good thing!
8. Eggs- to make creamier and richer scrambled eggs, you can add a few spoon fulls of cream cheese, sour cream, or heavy cream as you beat them up!
9. Flour- by putting a bay leaf in your flour container or taping one to the top of an unopened bag of flour, you will NEVER have weevils!
10. Mushrooms- to keep them fresh and lasting longer, place them in a brown lunch bag when storing them in the fridge!