My daughter, Cailyn, has always enjoyed reading but over the summer she really found a passion for it and devoured book after book after book. So I thought I'd share a few of her favorites. Books are ALWAYS a great present for Christmas. :)
The great thing about this list is that they are all part of a series so there are many, many books to read!
1. The Princess Tales , by Gail Carson Levine
2. Bailey School Kids, by Debbie Dadey
3. Ruby Lu , by Lenore Look
4. Ivy and Bean , by Annie Barrows
5. Dork Diaries , by Rachel Renee Russell
6. Diary of a Wimpy Kid , by Jeff Kinney
7. Janitors , by Tyler Whitesides
8. Dear Dumb Diary , by Jim Benton
Bonus Series (Read Alouds)
I've also been reading the Fablehaven series with her and we are on book 4. I absolutely *adore* this series! I'm not sure it would be one she could read on her own, but it is a fabulous read-aloud book and I am more than happy to read it with her. :)
When we're done with this series we will probably read Percy Jackson together, followed by Gregor the Overlander. I love having a child that loves reading as much as I do!!!