I know, I know. I'm a little late jumping on the Downton Abbey bandwagon. But better late than never, right?! We got Netflix a couple months ago so I was able to watch the first season and Amazon Prime just recently added the second season so I was finally able to get caught up. I absolutely adore this show. If you haven't watched, you MUST! Here are my top 5 reasons to watch:
1. The Characters. There are so many great characters on this show from the Crawley family to the enormous staff -- ones you'll fall in love with and ones you'll just love to hate!
2. The Romance. There are so many great love stories at work here, both in the privileged and the staff. You can't help but root for these couples but, of course, things are never easy for them.
3. The Accents. Hello, does anyone ever tire of British accents? I love listening to them and find myself speaking with an accent after I've watched too much. :P
4. The Fashion. Oh how I LOVE to see what they are wearing! It's such an elegant time period and I love seeing the styles and wishing I could just snag some of their beautiful dresses and jewelry for myself.
5. Maggie Smith. Um, can I just say I love her?! She is such a hoot on this show and has the best one liners!
So, have you jumped on the Downton bandwagon yet? Do you have a favorite character? Are you DYING until the next season comes out like I am?!?!