Wednesday, September 4, 2013

More Personalized Scriptures




I made my daughter some personalized scriptures two years ago and decided it was time to make some for my boys. After seeing how hers held up, I decided to make a few changes. 

This time I used mod podge to put the paper on the scriptures so that the edges wouldn't come up. I spread mod podge over the entire surface of the scriptures and smoothed the scrapbook paper on top. 


I also made sure to make the paper long enough to go all the way around the front cover and inside a little. I noticed on my daughter's set that this is where a lot of wear came from. 

Since these were for my boys I didn't embellish them but kept them nice and simple. I really like the way they turned out and my boys just love them. We use them for family scripture time each night and it has made a world of difference having them each have their own set. My 3 year olds love thumbing through them and it gives their hands something to do while we are reading. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...