These are a family favorite in our family. They make the cutest Valentine's dessert, or any time of year, really. They whip together super quickly and you can prep most of it ahead of time.
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 (3 ½ ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 cup Cool Whip
- sliced fresh strawberries
- powdered sugar
- melted chocolate
- On a lightly floured surface lay out the puff pastry.
- Cut out 9 Napoleons per sheet. You can use a cookie cutter or just cut them into squares.
- Place on ungreased baking sheets (or use a Silpat).
- (If your dough has become too warm, place in refrigerator to chill. The pastry will not "puff" well if warm.).
- Bake at 400º for 8-11 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Fold in Cool Whip.
- Split puff pastry shapes in half.
- Place bottom halves on serving plates.
- Spoon filling over each; top with strawberries.
- Top with pastry tops. (Add just a dab of filling on top of strawberries so the pastry top will stick.).
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and chocolate, if desired.