Sunday, November 20, 2011

Ikea Curtains: Upcycled






I'm currently working on decorating my guest bedroom. I decided to go with a yellow & gray color combo and I LOVE the way it is turning out! I painted the walls gray but when it came to window treatments I had a bit of a dilemma.  I knew yellow curtains would be too much so I thought white would look good.  But when I put them on the walls it just looked too blah.  Enter my awesome mother.  We picked up some cheap white curtains from Ikea (love the ones with grommets!) and some yellow & gray fabric from Joanns. 

(Since I have a phobia of sewing machines my mom did all the work on these!)  She cut the curtains, inserted a panel of fabric, and sewed it all together.


Don't they look fabulous?!  I am so happy with how they turned out.  It gives just the right pop of color in the room without being overbearing.  Stay tuned later this week when I show you the finished room.  I have a few finishing touches to do and then it will be all ready for our guests to arrive in a couple weeks! :)



Linked up:
Making Keeping It Simple

9 comments:

  1. I love it. My bedroom is so blah I've been considering yellow and grey too! I'd love you to link this to my party at http://raegunwear.blogspot.com/2011/11/what-i-wore-wednesdays-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! I like the pop of yellow. It's just enough and not too much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is also a great way to extend the height of your curtains from standard 84" to around 96" which draws the eye up and makes your windows appear larger.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the placement of your additional fabric. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi buddy, your blog' s design is simple and clean and i like it. Your blog posts about Online writing Help are superb. Please keep them coming. Greets!
    Yellow Curtains

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please advise me what site to order the drapes please 678-768-8442 thanks

      Delete
  6. Please give me the site to order these drapes 678-768-8442 or txt me the information thanks
    Need to brighten up my mother see seen them and love them

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good information team, your content will elevate and give more ideas to other leaners as well... Scan Centre Chennai is similar to that too

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...