Just over 2 weeks til Hunger Games comes out and Chelsea and I are SO EXCITED! We absolutely devoured the books and since we read them together (well, not together together -- that would be weird!) We spent many hours on the phone with each other discussing every little detail and every character -- what we loved, what we hated, what made us cry. (Our reading habits totally remind me of this pin I saw on Pinterest)
I really wish I could see the movie with Chelsea (or any one of my awesome sisters!!!) but alas we all live too far apart. :(
To gear up for the Games I decided to make a fun little craft. These pendants are super easy and you can use them on a necklace or key chain.
What you'll need:
- 1.25" wood squares (I got mine at Hobby Lobby -- 6 pk for $1.47)
- bails (found in the jewelry section at craft stores)
- Mod Podge
- Glossy Accents
- sand paper
- First you'll want to print off your image onto cardstock and cut it to size.
- Apply a thin layer of Mod Podge to the wood square and attach your cardstock. (You could apply a layer of Mod Podge on top but I didn't bother with that!) File the edges with sandpaper if there is any overlapping paper. I also like to "rough" up the edges a bit for a more distressed look.
- Apply the Glossy Accents, making sure to apply it all the way to the edges and not allowing any bubbles. Allow to dry several hours, or overnight. This gives it a really cool glossy, hard finish.
- Next, attach the bail (I used a dab of hot glue) and thread it onto a string or chain or ribbon or key chain. And now you have your own little piece of the Hunger Games. :)
I created several different versions you can use if you use the 1.25" squares. You can right click and save the image you want or click HERE for all images or click HERE for a printable of all designs.
Happy Hunger Games!!!!
Linked to - Rae Gun Ramblings, Craft-O-Maniac, Sumo's Sweet Stuff, Keeping It Simple, Becolorful, C.R.A.F.T.
Sugar & Spice, Fine Craft Guild, Classy Clutter, Sugar Bee Crafts, Michelle Paige, Oopsey Daisy, Lil Luna,