Saturday, December 8, 2012

Good Books: 8-9 year old girls


My daughter, Cailyn, has always enjoyed reading but over the summer she really found a passion for it and devoured book after book after book.  So I thought I'd share a few of her favorites. Books are ALWAYS a great present for Christmas.  :)

The great thing about this list is that they are all part of a series so there are many, many books to read!


1. The Princess Tales , by Gail Carson Levine
2. Bailey School Kids, by Debbie Dadey
3. Ruby Lu , by Lenore Look
4. Ivy and Bean , by Annie Barrows
5. Dork Diaries , by Rachel Renee Russell
6. Diary of a Wimpy Kid , by Jeff Kinney
7. Janitors , by Tyler Whitesides
8. Dear Dumb Diary , by Jim Benton




Bonus Series (Read Alouds)

I've also been reading the Fablehaven series with her and we are on book 4.  I absolutely *adore* this series!  I'm not sure it would be one she could read on her own, but it is a fabulous read-aloud book and I am more than happy to read it with her. :)

When we're done with this series we will probably read Percy Jackson together, followed by Gregor the Overlander.  I love having a child that loves reading as much as I do!!!




-marie

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...