Friday, August 3, 2012

Frugal Friday: Vanilla Lime Sugar Scrub


I think the only thing I hate about Summer is shaving my legs.  I have coarse, dark hair that grows really fast so I have to shave just about daily.  I also get really bad razor burn AND ingrown hairs, so yeah, I pretty much hate shaving.

I came across this pin on Pinterest for a sugar scrub and decided to give it a try.  I am pleased to report that it worked great!  It really did leave my legs feeling soft & silky and I didn't end up with razor burn.  The scrub also helped loosen up any ingrown hairs, too.  (Now if only I could find a frugal product for making my hair grow slower!)



DIY Sugar Scrub
adapted from Gluten Free Navy Wife
  • 1/2 cup olive oil
  • 1 1/2 cups white sugar
  • juice of a lime (or lemon or orange)
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Mix all ingredients together until well combined.

To use, draw a warm bath and soak for 5 minutes.  Shave legs using your preferred method. Then use a palm full of the sugar scrub to scrub your legs; rinse.   Now shave your legs again using the residue from the scrub.  You'll need to rinse the razor often!  Use the scrub a second time and rinse. Pat your legs dry with a towel and use your favorite lotion.

I also use this in the shower and when I'm in a hurry I skip the first shaving and just shave once with the scrub.  Still works great!


-marie

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. ooops! we forgot to post that yesterday!!! the winners are up now. :) http://griffithsrated.blogspot.com/2012/08/junieblake-giveaway-winners.html

      Delete
  2. what do i do with the scrub thats left? store it in the fridge? -alia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i just keep mine in that sealed jar in the bathroom. the oil will separate a bit but just give it a good stir before you use it and avoid getting water into it.

      Delete
  3. I just did it for the first time and i love it thanks forvthis great idea!!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...