Saturday, December 31, 2011

Altered Notebook for 2012 Memories

I'm pretty sure the older I get the less I remember.  My kids are always doing or saying funny and cute things and I don't want to forget them!  I'm realizing more and more how quickly kids grow and how much I want to remember these precious moments with them.  So one of my New Year's Resolutions is to WRITE those things down.  I do this sometimes, but it's only in texts to my husband or on Facebook or other random places.  So I created this notebook in the hopes that I will make the time to record those moments.  :)




First, I started out with a spiral bound notebook -- you know, one of those ones you can get dirt cheap during back-to-school sales?  (Yeah, we may or may not have a HUGE stack of those.)  Then I tore out one sheet to use as a guide.









I cut a piece of white cardstock to the size of the paper and used the holes as a guide to make holes in the cardstock using an eyelet setter.



(In hindsight I would recommend doing this next step BEFORE making the holes -- I ended up having to do the holes twice!)  Next, glue on some cute scrapbook paper, pictures, and any other embellishments.
















I found this quote online and thought it was perfect!  "Memory is a way of holding onto the things you love, the things you are, the things you never want to lose."










Then cut a slit up each one of the holes so that it will slide right onto the spiral binding.



All that's left to do is glue the cardstock onto the cover and it's done!  Hopefully my cutesified notebook will make me want to pull it out often and record those memories. :)







5 comments:

  1. Very cute idea! The journal turned out so cute. Cost is perfect, too! Happy New Year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Adding this to my list! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think writing things down does help you a lot. But it’s a tough habit to develop – especially if you have never been into a habit of writing – by writing, I specifically mean journaling. I am a professional writer – I provide dissertation proofreading services, and I write all day long, and still, it was pretty hard for me to get into a habit of journaling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Technologistan is the popoular and most trustworthy resource for technology, telecom, business and auto news in Pakistan

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...