Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Halloween Floating Frames


I just LOVE the floating glass frames Chelsea made and had to make some of my own.  These are such an easy and inexpensive project to make.  I'm thinking I need to make some for other holidays, too!


To start off, I used some old frames that I had.  I spray painted them white and used sandpaper to rough up the edges.  For this one I used a cherry wood frame and I like how both the cherry color and natural wood color come through. 


 I removed the back of the frame and added a dab of glue to each corner to keep the glass in place.  


I also added ribbon to mine so I could hang them, but they look cute sitting on an entryway table like Chelsea's, too!


 I used my cricut to cut some black vinyl.  I used the Paper Dolls cartridge for the skull and tree and and svg file for the bat.  

I just love the way they turned out!




-marie


8 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...